So in random update style, I'll give you a little look at how we've been biding our time:
1) Exploring the 60 acres woods- a house update is a post in itself and I'll save that for the next couple weeks. But here's a picture of the tall grass we explore now with walkie-talkies so the kids can go build forts in secret places.
2) Family time at Candle Lake. Ma & Pa and Kyla and her fam have side by side spots for the week so we decided to crash the party for a couple nights. Turns out Rob and Jen had the same idea. Sadly, the weather wasn't awesome and we tented through a wicked thunderstorm, only lasting the one night and instead spending a night at Dan's parents for a quick visit and Saskatoon berry picking.
3) Rob and Jen decided to spend a day and a night with us to shorten their drive home-- that was a real treat!
4) Baking of the berries. I did 3 different pies and have a wackload to turn into jam- along with the cherries that we got from our harvest. Speaking of harvest- our peas have been insane, so insane that we inherited the SimairSheller *tm....that Dan and his family created to deal with their plethora of peas growing up. I loved seeing Dan put this together with Willis and show him how it worked.
6) Speaking of summer nights, I have just started to relax and unwind....I took a night swim tonight and just sat and watched the sunset. Next up is cuddling up with my book and finally get back into reading.
6) Actually, I went for a float for a reason- my freaking foot and leg and hand are all swollen after horsefly bites. Seriously hurts. My entire foot is hot and I can't stand too long. The pool help immensely.
I haven't been this swollen since I was prego with Willis 10 years ago....let me remind you how I morphed into Fiona the summer of 2007...
Have a great weekend!