Today's post is less about the cozy and all about the gloss. You see, awhile back Christy got a Kylie lipkit and because she had one and loved it, I had to have one too. We're best friends like that. We should also not be allowed near a mall together. Well, so says our husbands anyway.
But before I get to my lipstick post, I want to share with you a gift I received in a Canadian blogger exchange from Ashley at Life As I Know It 09. I wanted to get to know more Canadian bloggers and thought this would be a great way! Ashley sent me some perfect ornaments for my tree....in French and with gold accents too and a beautiful layered necklace! Thanks, Ashley! You'll have to head over to her blog to see what I got her.
Now back to lipsticks. Christy raved about the longevity of the lip stick and I wanted in on the hype and ordered my first two: Posie K and a purply colour. Now the purple colour I sent to my blog friend, Nicole because she was doing amazing things and I wanted to make her smile. You'll have to visit her blog to read about what she accomplished in 2016 though. Since then I've ....acquired....a few more colours and along with my Blended Blog gal pals who have also being dabbling in the art of the lipstick that doesn't come off (seriously, sometimes I still have it on 24 hours later...) we thought we'd show you what the different colours look like on our different skin tones. So let's take a look at the shades I have, then you can hop over to Whitney's blog to see what she has :
1- OCHRRR from the Koko collection. Christy gifted me this one and I love it. It's almost a pink but looks like a red and it's bold enough to wear with all the grey and black I don in the dark of winter.
2) Posie K...which looks really pink in the swatch but is more of a neutral on me. This is my most worn.
3) Maliboo....my current favourite. It even makes my hair look different. Or maybe I just showered that day.
4) This is one of the glosses. I only wear these on weekends and they don't stay on forever like the matte lipkits, but I like the shine. I also don't wear the glosses over the matte lipsticks because then the matte comes off and I don't like how it feels. Can lips get claustrophobic?
5) Dirty Peach-this is my least favourite...I find it to be very peachy and was hoping it would be more nudey on me. I also should have straightened my hair for this picture. Oops.
6) Leo...so dark and bold, I only have braved this one a couple times but it will be key going into the winter months....especially since I have that lovely alabaster vampire glow to my skin.
Make sure you go to Whitney's blog and see her lipkits
Here's a few outtakes for you...I have discovered that I have to smile or else it looks like I'm going to murder someone.
[inlinkz_linkup id=683674 mode=1]