1) What we're eating: I'm super motivated to be working through my food goals (see posts here) and am a good two months ahead of what I'm posting on Fridays, so yay for being prepared. It has been a lot of fun trying every single recipe in the cookbook, regardless the ingredients. Dan's brothers were in town this past weekend for a wedding and happened to stay over- they sure picked a good night! We had Lamb Persillade, stuffed cabbage and Coeur à la crème with raspberries. Délicieux!
2) What I'm reminiscing about: babies. Not because I want one, but because the last baby in our family turned 1 this week and he's growing up way too quick!
3) What I'm loving: winter pastels, but not the fashion kind, the beauty of nature kind. Especially now that it's getting darker later and we can actually witness a sunset of pastels during supper time. It's quite the view.
4) What we've been up to: marking, marking, marking. 'Tis the season of finals and I just finished yesterday. I had two finals: one was an exam in Christian Ethics 30 (taught in French) and the other was a final project for French 20 that incorporated journalism with a novel we read. I'm sad to say goodbye to both groups.
I thought it would be fun today to see if you could pass the basics for my Christian Ethics 30 final that my kids wrote last week. This quiz below is obviously not my final and just from a random website, but I completed it and decided it was the best match. And also it's the very basics, as in I would cry if the kids didn't get at least 90% on it. For the record, I got 100%.
5) What I'm dreading: Lucia's appt next week to get the results of her MRI. Although I'm very confidant all is swell, there is still the 2% of fear and anxiety that can take over.
6) What I'm working on: My semester two courses: a repeat of the French 20 I just taught (yay, because I hadn't taught it since my first year teaching and had to prep everything from scratch) and French 90, which I've taught a couple times too. I'm excited to try some new techniques in my classroom too, I'll be using some ideas from this post.
7) What I'm excited about: Booking a little family getaway to Edmonton for our break. After feeling stressed for two months with the build up to the MRI and then the waiting for the results, I feel we need to get away and just play and be together. Edmonton is a quick 4.5ish hour drive and there is so many great things there: friends, family, biggest mall ever, Simons, an ice castle, a great science centre, Simons, biggest mall ever with a water park and theme park. Did I mention there's a Simons there?
8) What I'm watching or reading: Watching Parenthood on Shomi and reading Ten Rings: My Championship seasons, by Yogi Berra. Which is making me antsy for some baseball.
9) What I'm listening to: Mostly this playlist on Spotify, which has a bunch of random songs but I love them the all. And also, I learned that the song I loved the most was Justin Beiber. What the heck?!
10) What I'm wearing: I showed you my 2014 throwback post on Monday with an outfit and this is my current recreation of it, makeup-less, oops, but yay for sweating it off at the gym!
11) What I'm doing this weekend: I have a day-date booked with my sister, a family supper date booked with friends and I'll likely get my Valentine's decor up. I may or may not do school work.
12) What I'm looking forward to next month: I like a short month: start of a new semester, new faces and then a good week off in the middle!
13) What else is new: nada.
14) What's your favourite Valentine's Day treat: chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.
Come back on Friday for a classic meal and Monday for the monthly review in numbers link up!
Linking up with Shay, Mel and Sheaffer