Last week, two wonderful bloggers nominated me for a series that is making its rounds in the blogosphere: thank you Kelly and Katie. A couple years ago, I would have not even been a part of it, but guess what, the fact that I have been able to form some great friendships because of blogging, makes the title of this award ring so true. Blogging is indeed a sisterhood!
I'm going to do my best to answer the questions they put together for me by schmerging them down from 20 into 10.
1. How did you decide on your blog name?
I've been blogging for almost 6 years and I originally started as "A View from Dee Park" and then changed it to "A View from the Park" (Park is my maiden name and I always dreamed about marrying someone whose last name was ball so I could be Deena Ball Park. A year or so ago, I decided to upgrade my blog and did a name change to would encompass all things awesome in the world : From Shoes to Shiraz. I dream daily about changing the name again. But I like change. The furniture in our house is never in the same place.
2. How has blogging enhanced your life?
It started as a great way to document our world: you get all those crazy little details recorded to remember forever. Then I started networking more and made great friends, now it is a major creative outlet for me that gives me many opportunities to learn and grow.
3. What tip would you offer new bloggers?
Same tip I would tell an English class: find your narrative. Define your voice. Write for you and the rest will fall in place. Also, don't take yourself too seriously.
4. What's your favourite guilty pleasure show?
Pretty Little Liars or the Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor in Paradise.
5. What are you reading now? The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (and I'm having a rough time getting into it, not because it isn't good, but mostly because lately I just feel like watching Gilmore Girls)
6. What are three things you can't live without?
Obvious answer is friends and family. I'm going to go with something less obvious that I get bejiggety about when it's missing: access to a Blue Jays game if it's on (I follow on my phone or listen on the radio if I'm not home-subscription to MLBTV helps), Clam for my beer, a good bra.
7. What season do you think is easiest to dress for? Also what is your favourite season? FALL!!!!
8. What would you love to get paid to do now? Blog or shop for someone. I love organizing my blog and coming up with new posts. And shopping, well, really, must I explain?
9. What's your favourite place to visit? I took a trip with my siblings to Scotland. I would go back there in a flash, or I would head out to my aunt's place in the Okanagan.
10. Have you ever done anything that's taken you out of your comfort zone? If so, what? Blogging. I hate being the centre of attention. Oh wait, in high school I was in a musical and the director wanted me to audition for one of the major roles (the narrator in Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat) but I chickened out. So blogging is a stretch for me.
That's it, that's all! Thanks for the nominations. I'm going to nominate just 6 bloggers and ask that they answer the same questions I did..it's fun learning more about people!
I nominate my fellow Saskies:
Carmen @ BlogbyaHerzog
Danielle @Family Love Inspiration Education
Alynne @CheckYour Calculators at the Door
Jyl @ And So it Goes